The work of EKH ‘Below the Hook' members includes the inspection of the following equipment:
- Loading forks en C-hooks
- Steel cables
- Lifting clamps
- Lifting cushions
- Hoists, winches and beam trolleys
- Forklift forks
- Hydraulische workshop cranes
- Pallet trucks
- Lifting slings
- Lifting magnets
- Vacuum lifting equipment
- Lifting beams, traverses, cross-beams, etc.
- Folding and tilt bins and hoppers, etc.
- New forklift front-end attachments
- Plate eyes
- Safety cages
- Fall protection equipment, such as harnesses and other belts, karabiners, lines, and woven strapping, fall arrest blocks
- Monorail beams form beam trolleys with hoists
- Supports for wall and column-mounted slewing cranes
- Manual articulating overhead cranes
- Lift tables
- Lashing straps and lashing chains
- Containers for use on land
- Lowering devices
EKH has put together a handy digital manual
(Handboek Bedrijfsvoering hijs- en hefgereedschap
) which you can download here
(available in Dutch only).
Click on the image below to download a complete list of inspection and approval periods as a PDF file.
These colours specify the year in which the lifting gear was approved.
For this purpose, EKH has chosen to adopt the colour system used by the IMO (International Maritime Organisation).